Day 7 Rainbow Center

posted under by Team Peru Denmark
Tuesday – 23 March
Today was exciting, awesome and filled with beautiful and magical moments. We carried out the same routine as yesterday; however, groups 1 & 2 reversed roles. So today group 1 were to paint the girls’ room in the Rainbow House, while group 2, which painted the boy’s room in the Rainbow House yesterday, continued the construction of Fernando’s new home in the Rainbow Center. Since we were both in group 2, we constructed and let us tell you, it was some messy business. Sliding about in the mud, attempting at making cement that would be used to build Fernando’s house, and carrying countless heavy bricks can really tire one. However, after constructing for a couple of hours, it was a relief to spend the rest of the day with the children and creating postcards, which we will sell upon our return to Denmark. This brought out the artistic skills that the children possess. I am sure that we all , felt that we connected with the children at the Rainbow Center as we constructed the postcards.
Relaxing at casa Delfina after a long day of hard work was very enjoyable. We ate a delicious meal, and afterwards we all gathered outside in the beautiful, serene courtyard for some “circle time”. We experienced a very touching and emotional session where we all bonded and shared our feelings regarding the trip as well as how we felt towards each other. We truly established a connection and a sense of family through tears of sadness replaced with tears of joy.

MOST AMAZING DAY EVER!!!!! :D

Sebastian and Oliver

It’s 7pm. The thoughts swarming through one’s head are overwhelmingly powerful. Tears are running down every face in the circle. A bond, which previously was built upon wood, has now been soldered into unbreakable metal chains. Although not related by blood, the team will always be our family.

Sara & Olivia

I was standing in the sun looking at the spectacular scenery surrounding the tranquil Rainbow Centre when Fernando came over and took my hands into his. Smiling, he gazed at me with his brown eyes and suddenly burst out laughing. The intense happiness that both of us felt at this moment was incredible. I could feel his joy and love through his wonderful laugh, which continued to grow stronger and happier. In response to this, I joined him, and we did not let go of each other’s hands. As our laughing continued he began to jump up and down, and I couldn’t help but jump as well. I thought he would get tired but he just kept going, and I followed. The moment seemed too magical for either of us to stop. I was filled with an emotion so great that I couldn’t stop smiling as we were in our own little bubble for those ten minutes or so. It was the most memorable experience of my life. The sparkle Fernando had in his eyes, despite all the pain and suffering he has endured, is something I will always remember.

Helena

Fernando is my inspiration. I was sitting alone with him on the bench and we were holding hands while I was stroking his hand with my thumb. It was the most magical moment when he opened his beautiful brown eyes and looked into mine and smiled as if he didn’t have a care in the world despite his horrifying story. Nothing can top how this boy makes you feel when you are around him. Even though you can’t hear him, you can see how much love he has to give. Fernando is my inspiration.

Bea

3 kommentarer

Make A Comment